Welcome to the Uplift Michigan™ Washtenaw program from the Michigan SBDC!
Need help with growing your sales or accessing funds?
Need help with your business plan or getting your finances in good order?
If you said “Yes!” to any of these things…we can help! And you can qualify for a $5,000 business grant!
Uplift Michigan-Washtenaw is an 8-week program that offers personal business coaching from a Michigan SBDC consultant, easy-to-use training content, and support from your peers and an SBDC mentor. This program gives you proven tools and expert guidance to strengthen your business and help you successfully grow!
About Uplift Michigan-Washtenaw
The Uplift Michigan-Washtenaw program is 8 weeks of training and coaching with graduation following the end of the program.
- APPLICATIONS: Open in early December 2022 and close on January 16, 2023 at 11:59pm. (Fill out the application below to apply NOW)
- SELECTED PARTICIPANTS: Will be notified on or before January 20, 2023 with information to attend the kick-off event the following week.
- 2023 PROGRAM SESSION: Will begin on January 30, 2023 end by March 31, 2023.
The program has 3 main parts:
- Weekly webinar training (2 hours per week) from an on-demand library. Content includes topics such as Writing your Business Plan, Budgeting Basics, Marketing Your Business, How to Win at Social Media and much more! You can access the training sessions at your convenience, anytime, anywhere!
- One-to-one coaching sessions (4 total) – every other week with an SBDC business coach, you’ll do a deep dive into your business and be provided with helpful next steps, customized guidance, tools and resources.
- Mentor-led Mastermind Peer Group Meetings (4 total) – every other week sessions with your peers and an SBDC mentor. Connect with your fellow participants and discuss the realities and solutions for business challenges you are facing!
Participants who fully complete the program will receive a $5,000 grant to help your business succeed! Participants may also qualify for accounting, marketing and website assistance services up to a $2,500 value.
Interpreter and translator services are available to program participants upon request.
Who Can Apply?
We invite all qualifying small businesses, including home-based, brick and mortar, online shops, or mobile businesses.
Your business needs to meet all the following qualifications:
- Your business must have 5 or less employees, including yourself.
- You must have been in business on March 16, 2020. (If you closed after March 2020, and would like to re-open, you can apply!)
- Your business must be located in Washtenaw County.
- You must meet these income requirements:
- If you are a one person household, you must make less than $55,900.
- If your household has 2 people, you must make less than $63,900.
- If your household has 3 people, you must make less than $71,900.
- If your household has 4 people, you must make less than $79,900.
- If your household has 5 people, you must make less than $86,300.
- If your household has 6 people, you must make less than $92,700.
- If your household has 7 people, you must make less than $99,100.
- If your household has 8 people, you must make less than $105,500.
Interested? Apply Now for the 2023 Session!
The Michigan SBDC’s Uplift Michigan-Washtenaw program is funded by and a participant of the *Washtenaw County’s Small Business Growth Activator program. For more information on Washtenaw County’s program click HERE.