Nimbus is a compact electric vehicle that allows individuals to avoid rush hour wait times by sliding through traffic and parking virtually anywhere. Formed in 2018, the company recently launched prototype Nimbus “One,” a three-wheeled enclosed urban EV that combines the convenience and cost of a motorbike with the safety and comfort of a car. The vehicle is a narrow two seater with proprietary tilting technology and removable swappable batteries that can be charged at home.
The company is focused on the young urban market which is looking for affordable, sustainable options. By providing them with a low-cost, lightweight and convenient electric vehicle, Nimbus is revolutionizing urban mobility.
Clay and David at the SBDC helped me think through my business structure and strategy during the early years of my startup and provided valuable perspective and suggestions as I navigated through product development, business model and fundraising challenges during the pandemic.Lihang Nong, Founder and CEO
- Building on earlier seed round funding, Nimbus closed a $4.7m round in August 2021. They are preparing for a $20m equity / $10m debt A round to expand operations.
- The company is taking pre-orders with deliveries to begin in the third quarter of 2023.
- Featured in TechCrunch.com in June 2022.
Michigan SBDC Assistance
Tech Team Consulting
- Business Roadmapping
- Business Strategy
- Product Development and Review
- Partner and Investor Strategy
- Manufacturing Industry and Supply Chain Insight
- Financial Projections and Modeling
- Investor Pitch Deck Review
Additional Support From
- Ann Arbor SPARK
- BBC Entrepreneurial Training and Consulting
Published September 2022.