Resources to Protect Your Small Business
By now you should have:
1. Completed our cyber security Q&A course and awareness training to understand how much you know about online and computer security.
2. Reviewed our in-depth training opportunities to learn more about cyber security.
On this page, you’ll find free security guides and links to additional online resources and news we think you should read. These downloadable PDFs were developed specifically by Michigan SBDC to help you keep your small business safe. They aren’t a guarantee of safety, but they provide valuable knowledge every business can benefit from.
COVID-19 Cybersecurity Resources
Here are some resources with valuable information for Covid-19 cybersecurity issues.
These PDF format white papers were developed by the Michigan SBDC and partners to provide valuable information to help keep your small business safe.
- Cybersecurity Best Practices
- Security Breach Do’s & Don’ts Recap
- Ransomware Dos and Donts
- Best Practices for Keeping Your Connected Vehicle Safe
- Quick Tips for Staying Safe Online
- Ransomware: What You Really Really Need to Know
- What To Do if Your Business is the Victim of a Data or Security Breach
- Best Practices for Securing Mobile Devices
These free resources are designed to help build your cybersecurity knowledge and establish good cybersecurity practices for you and your business.
- Phishing, Vishing, & SMSishing
- Multi-Factor Authentication
- How Employees React to Phishing Emails
- Social Engineering Attacks to Look Out For
- Prevent Becoming a DDoS Victim
- New IT Solution
- Covid-19 Cybersecurity Tips while Working Remotely
- How to Prevent Breachstortion
- Answer These Questions to Recognize a Small Business Scam
- Connect Your Devices to the Internet with Confidence
Here are some external resources with valuable information and news on small business cyber security.
DoD Contracting Resources
Do you know how to comply with NIST 800-171 for government contracting? View these resources to build your knowledge on how to properly comply.
Links to Additional Resources
US Computer Emergency Readiness Team
Michigan Cyber Range
Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
National Institute of Standards & Technology
Center for Internet Security
The Center for Internet Security runs the Multi-State Information Sharing & Analysis Center, a cyber security operations center providing real-time network monitoring, early cyber threat warnings and advisories, vulnerability identification and mitigation and incident response.
Stay in the know about the latest Small Business Big Threat news and resources by signing up to receive our newsletter.